Chicken. Bacon. Ranch. Do I really need to say anything else?
Us Midwestern folks love our ranch. Somewhere right now at a Hy-Vee, a Midwesterner is saying “Ope! Pardon me I’m just going to squeeze past ya and grab the ranch.”
This recipe is so easy and simple, I almost didn’t post it. BUT, I think that’s the point. This is a deliciously easy “recipe” that you can make in a flash with pretty little cooking skills!
What You Will Need
Chicken, bacon, and ranch obviously. Let’s try to balance it out though and add some lettuce and tomato. Brioche buns are my favorite bread for a sandwich like this. It’s currently February and freezing outside here in Missouri so I grilled my chicken in a grill pan on my stovetop. Once it warms up, I will grill my chicken outside on my grill and be in a state of pure bliss.
Step by Step Instructions
I cut my chicken breasts in half and season accordingly. I usually do half regular and half spicy. Grill chicken until cooked through and no longer pink.
While chicken is grilling, prepare other ingredients. Cook bacon until crispy and slice lettuce and tomatoes.
A couple minutes before I am done cooking the chicken, I top the chicken breasts with cheese so it’s nice and melted.
Once the chicken is cooked and cheese is melted, I grill my brioche buns lightly to get them toasted. When everything is cooked and ready to go (chicken and bacon are cooked, buns are toasted, and veggies are sliced), then it’s time to assemble the sandwiches.
Bottom of brioche bun, chicken with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, drizzle with ranch, top with brioche bun.
Tips & Advice
I use fresh, large chicken breasts which is why I cut the chicken in half for this recipe. You want your chicken breast patties to be about the size of your brioche bun.
My favorite chicken seasonings are Weber Kick’n Chicken seasoning (for spicy) and McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning.
I use a Tramontina enameled cast iron grill pan. I actually ONLY use Tramontina enameled cast iron for ALL my cooking. It’s amazing and I highly recommend this brand.
I cook my bacon in the oven while I am grilling my chicken. Cooking bacon in the oven is just easier and less messy to me! I cook it at 400 degrees and check on it every 5 minutes or so until it’s the crispiness I want.
Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 brioche buns
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 tomato
- Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning to taste
- Kick N' Chicken seasoning to taste for spicy
- Ranch to taste
- Cut chicken breasts in half.
- Season generously with seasonings of choice.
- Grill chicken until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until desired crispiness and slice lettuce and tomato.
- Once chicken is grilled, top with sliced cheese and continue cooking a couple minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove chicken and grill brioche buns a couple minutes or until toasted.
- Layer sandwich- bottom brioche bun, grilled chicken with cheese, sliced bacon, sliced lettuce, sliced tomato, drizzle with ranch and top with other brioche bun. Enjoy!
- I use large fresh chicken breasts which is why I cut mine in half. Your chicken breast pieces should fit nicely on your brioche buns. Adjust size accordingly.
- I like to cook my bacon in the oven to make things easier!