White Cheese Dip like at your local Tex-Mex restaurant. It’s a wonderful crockpot dip perfect for the next party you have!
What You Will Need
The “secret” to this recipe is using White American Cheese, which I recommend getting at the deli counter of your grocery store. A small can of chopped green chiles. Jalapenos. You can either use fresh jalapenos or jalapenos out of the jar. Unless I have fresh jalapenos from my garden, I use jalapenos out of a jar to make my life easier. Jalapeno Juice. This is going to come from a jar of jalapenos. Milk. I recommend whole milk! Water. Cumin. Kosher Salt (table salt would be fine as well honestly I just like my kosher salt). Don’t forget tortilla chips for dipping! You’ll need EITHER a crockpot or a large microwave-safe dish to cook this in.
Step By Step Instructions
Add 1 pound of white american cheese, the small can of chopped green chiles, a few diced jalapenos, and a couple splashes of jalapeno juice to a crockpot (or large microwave-safe bowl). You can do more or less of the chopped jalapenos and jalapeno juice depending on how much heat you want.
Add 2/3 Cup milk, 1/4 cup water, and a few dashes of both cumin and salt.
If using a crockpot, cook on low for 2 hours stirring every 30 minutes until smooth and creamy. If using a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave in 1 minute increments stirring in between until melted.
Use tortilla chips and use it as a dip…
Or be like us and smother evvvvvvvvverything with this white cheese dip.
We’re very fancy around here with our paper plates.
Tips & Advice
Again, the “secret” is to get White American Cheese from the deli counter at your grocery store. It doesn’t matter how they slice it because it’s just going to get melted.
I chop up about 8 jalapeno slices out of the jar. As stated before, do more or less depending on how much heat you want. Same goes for the jalapeno juice. I personally do a couple splashes.
I will never forget the first time my husband and I went to Mexico. It was our honeymoon and we had made reservations at the Mexican restaurant at our resort. As we were walking out of our hotel to head to the restaurant, I said to my husband, “Now listen. This isn’t going to be Tex-Mex.” He paused and said, “What’s Tex-Mex?”. I tried to explain, “Tex-Mex is what we eat back home. This is going to be authentic Mexican food.” My husband, the farmer from the middle of nowhere with only about a 30 mile radius of traveling prior to this trip, continued to stare blankly at me. I followed-up with, “Like… they aren’t going to have white cheese dip.” In our 7 years of marriage, he has never looked more confused than in that moment right there. He quickly learned the difference between Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican food and said, “I need to introduce these folks to a Holstein cow” (aka dairy for my non-farming people). He still jokes today that when we go to Mexico, he loses weight and I gain weight. It’s true. This recipe is for my fans of Tex-Mex.
White Cheese Dip
- 1 lb White American Cheese
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Chopped Green Chiles
- A few diced Jalapenos (to taste)
- A couple splashes Jalapeno Juice (to taste)
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- A few dashes Cumin
- A few dashes Kosher Salt
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips (for dipping)
- Add white american cheese, chopped green chiles, chopped jalapenos, jalapeno juice, milk, water, cumin, and kosher salt to a crockpot and cook on low for two hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Alternatively you can combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in one minute increments until melted.
- Get your white american cheese from the deli counter at your grocery store. It doesn’t matter how it’s sliced because it’s just going to get melted.
- I chop up about 8 or so jalapeno slices from the jar. Add more or less depending on how much heat you want.
- For the jalapeno juice, I pour in a few splashes from a sliced jalapeno jar. Add more or less depending on how much heat you want.